Carson Valley Community Theatre (CVCT) was organized in May, 2004, to meet the need for a community theatre in the Carson Valley area of Douglas County, Nevada. Based in Minden/Gardnerville, CVCT draws members, participants, and audiences from the surrounding area of Nevada and California, including the towns of Minden, Gardnerville, Carson City, Genoa, Reno, Markleeville, and communities around Lake Tahoe and Lake Topaz.
An all-volunteer organization, CVCT has a 7-member board of directors that serves as management and administrative staff, and it draws additional support from about 650 members. CVCT’s mission is to promote, create, design, and perform theatrical events for the Carson Valley community and general public. In addition, the education of and outreach to children and the public are significant missions of the community theatre. CVCT works with the Douglas High School Music and Drama Departments and the Western Nevada College Arts Department to encourage participation on and off stage.
Since its origination, CVCT has produced the following theatre events:
- You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, July 2017
- Savannah Sipping Society, September 2016
- California Suite, April 2016
- A Bad Year for Tomatoes, Oct 2015
- The Marvelous Wonderettes, July 2015
- The Butler Did It, September 2014
- Call Me Madam, March 2014
- Stars of Tomorrow, Feb 2014
- Sounds of the Season, December 2013
- "Blithe Spirit", October 2013
- "Stars of Tomorrow", May 2013
- "Some Enchanted Evening", February 2013
- "Radio Memories II: The Fabulous Forties", November 2012
- "Snow White Goes West", March/April 2012
- "On Golden Pond" by Ernest Thompson, October 2011
- "Come Back to the Five and Dime Jimmy Dean Jimmy Dean", 2011
- "Broadway through the Decades" written by Norris Edson
- "Radio Memories". February 2011
- "Perfect Wedding", by Robin Howdon, September 2010
- "Moon Over Buffalo", by Ken Ludwig, October, 2009
- "Murder of the Mystery Detective", by Tom and Penny Warner, August, 2009
- "Hollywood Arms", by Carrie Hamilton and Carol Burnett, April, 2009
- "Night of January 16th", by Ayn Rand, September, 2008
- “Sounds of Broadway”, written and directed by Norris Edson, April, 2008
- "Steel Magnolias", by Robert Harling, October, 2007
- “Blackjack Bottom”, a western musical, written and directed by area playwright Paula Nelson, March, 2007
- “The Odd Couple: Female version”, by Neil Simon, October, 2006
- “Santa’s Little Helper,” an original Christmas melodrama, December, 2005, 2006, and 2007
- “Moonlight Mayhem: A Show to Die For,” a murder mystery, comedy, and cabaret show, January 2005
As an all-volunteer not-for-profit performing arts theatre production company, CVCT’s mission is to present musical and dramatic productions for the entertainment and cultural education of the Carson Valley community and the surrounding area, to showcase local talent, and to provide opportunities for residents of the region to participate in all aspects of live theatre production and management.
Carson Valley Community Theatre’s vision is to be known throughout the
tri-county region for its high level of artistry and professionalism by consistently producing and performing quality live theatrical events.
Following is the list of our 2016/2017 officers and board members. Board meetings are generally held the third Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at The Annex.
- Vice President - Lucille Rao
- Secretary - Michon Chandler
- Treasurer - Rachelle Resnick
- At Large - Michon Chandler; Ann Delahay; Krista Jenkins